Applications accepted through October 30, 2018
Part-Time Position (8-10 hours weekly)
Start Date: Immediately
Covenant Church is looking for a part-time Worship Leader. Our Worship Leader will be a mature Christian with a heartfelt love for the Lord and a God-given gift to lead worship. Our Worship Leader will work closely with our pastoral staff to develop Christ-exalting, dynamic, and inter-generational worship services by weaving together the best of older and newer congregational hymns, contemporary praise songs, and choruses.
Our Worship Leader will lead our praise band each week and direct our bi-monthly choral ensemble at our Sunday morning service. This will involve a weekly commitment of 8-10 hours including preparation and song selection (2-4 hours), a weeknight practice (3 hours), and a Sunday morning service (3 hours).
We are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God to:
- Lead our church in worship that exalts the name of the Lord, engages the congregation in heartfelt praise, and supports the preaching of God’s Word.
- Select congregational songs, hymns, and choruses that are musically rich and biblically/theologically sound.
- Foster a worshipful environment that encourages congregational participation, draws people in, and points people to Jesus.
- Recruit, develop, and train musicians for the praise team and choral ensemble from within the church and possibly outside the church.
- Lead weekly rehearsals that prepare our musicians for the Sunday service and cultivate Christ-centered community.
- Lead our praise band (drummer, guitarist, and singer)
- Direct and provide piano accompaniment for a small choral ensemble (6-9 people) for bi-monthly offertory pieces.
- Serve as a member and leader at Covenant, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission and ministry.
This individual is expected to:
- be a mature Christian with a God-given gift to lead worship
- lead congregational worship
- lead a praise band
- lead a choral ensemble
- sight read piano scores
- play guitar and keyboard
- possess leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- be a team player.
Christian Character and Faith
As a worship leader, the person to fill this position must be a mature Christian with a heartfelt and growing relationship with the Lord. They must be committed to grow daily in Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, and regular fellowship with other believers. As a leader in the life of the church, our Worship Leader must be committed to a life of Christ-centered personal integrity, faithfully submitting to biblical standards of morality and sexuality, which include fidelity in marriage between a man and a woman and chastity in singleness. Finally, our worship leader must be able to wholeheartedly affirm our church’s EPC Essentials of Faith which identifies our core theological commitments as an Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
SUBMIT RESUME AND REQUEST AUDITION
Thank you for your interest in Covenant’s Worship Leadership position. If after reviewing the position description and our EPC Essentials of Faith, you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the online resume and request an audition.